Friday, November 25, 2011

Hobart KitchenAid K4-B Mixer


Recently scored Hobart KitchenAid K4-B, made from 1944-62 according to the KitchenAid website. Not sure the year of this one, but I would guess mid-50's. Looks identical to the '05 Classic sitting next to it, but it's definitely better made, and a lot heavier :) Here it tackles the ingredients for a vanilla layer cake. I have another video showing the machine doing a great job on the buttercream frosting for the same cake... I have to say these Hobart KitchenAids are and have always been my favorites; though I never had one until a couple of years ago. Sure, the Mixmasters are beautiful, but these have a retro-utilitarian look to them that you wouldn't want to describe as "beautiful", but plain COOL. I thought my 3-C was great, but that was until I used this one, what an awesome mixer. Notice the mechanically governed speed control, versus the later solid state, and the cool loop handle (looks like a big steel horn doesn't it) attached to the head. Unfortunately this one is missing the tail fin for some reason.

Discounted Toy Kitchens Purchase Fenugreek Sprout Similac Advance Coupons Ideas




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links